Thursday, February 8, 2007

It has only been one week

It is hard for me to grasp the fact that it really has been only one week since I left snowy (kind of) New York. To me it feels like months have gone by because so much has been happening. The other night I sat at my kitchen table doing homework in silence until I realized that silence is not possible here. I could hear the cats walking on the roof, the dogs in the neighborhood erupting in howls, the refrigerator humming, the mixing of different tv shows the neighbors had on too loud and the different birds squawking and the kids screaming and whistling right outside my front gate/door. That is only what I heard...the smells being indescribable right now. That is all I will say for now as I have to get ready to go to Granada for a day of poetry.

1 comment:

Giti said...

i completely agree. it feels like years have gone by. miss you.